Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Thursday, December 25, 2014

The snow has arrived at last

 Bailey is a very good farm dog. He is very gentle with all the animals we keep
 The sheep are using their shed if its snowing or raining
 One of the sheep is limping :( I did catch her and inspected the hoof in question which was a bit overgrown so I cut it. The problem remains because the "nail" tissue has broken on the side of the hoof which I dont know how to manage. I will keep an eye on her and see how shes doing in a few days.
 The forest garden looks idyllic but the soil is over saturated with water. I will have to make some sort of drainage there otherwise the fruit trees will not fare well.

No comments:

Post a Comment