Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Maybe the robbing wasnt robbing at all but ...

I have posted a video yesterday stating that the bees are robbing each other but after observing the hives closer today I have a different theory :) I think the bees know that their winter stores are poor and they felt all the sugar syrup offered so most of them are out and collecting it. The mouse guard is clogging the entarnce easily making me think its robbing whats happening but after looking closer it seems as bees are extending their hive's "nectar receiving station" infront of the hive to fasten the harvest :) very clever indeed :)

During robbing many bees will get killed but infront of my hives there are no dead bees. I even see a few bees dancing at the entrance wall telling to the sisters about the newly found nectar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment