Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

One chicken gone missing ...

... thats what I thought when I went to lock them up for the night. I always count them when they sit on the stick; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, .... !!! Where is the 9th one !!! So I looked outside and she was not there! One brown one was missing! Then I looked into the nest boxes and there she was sitting on the eggs :)) She became broody :)) how great is that! Now I have to research what to do so the other hens don't lay new eggs every day into this same nest when she is eating. I think I might separate her into the newly built cage within the same coop. I wonder how many eggs can she brood?

1 comment:

  1. Jeg lader dem ligge på 8-10 æg - og kan helt klart anbefale at flytte hende til et selvstændigt hus/bur... :-) - og tak for besøget i dag!

    ReplyDelete