Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Much needed Rain has arrived

For the last few weeks we had a very warm sunny weather with daily temperature around 25'C and at night 15'C. This felt nice indeed but plants need water in accordance to give fruits and the soil has dried out a lot.
I removed the fleece cover so rain can water the crops evenly. I did place a chicken wire on top of the raised beds because of our Hens which are big fans of Lettuce ;)
Rain drops on Lettuce and Spinach leaves :)
I left the fleece on the Carrots and Brassicas when I saw that the rain is penetrating through the fleece fabric. I think its better to keep the covered until they get a big bigger. They just begun to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment