Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Raw Sheep Wool as a Snail Barrier

My friend Frida mentioned last year that her mother use raw sheep wool to keep snails away from her garden. Apparently snails dislike to go over the wool, something to do with wool fat I think. So I decided to try it out since I get quite a few snails entering the garden area which I collect and throw them out every morning. I had only enough wool to cover the two sides which get most snails, because of the stone wall and the tall grass in the neighbouring land.
Raw sheep wool as a snail barrier

No comments:

Post a Comment